Sr. Product Manager: Crowdfunding (Remote)
About Prime Trust
Prime Trust is a technology driven financial institution building a fully compliant automated banking and payments platform to serve as the rails for the digital economy. We are a trust bank with custody and escrow services, with an API driven solution that allows financial institutions to integrate directly with our banking services. Among our
various product offerings, our crowdfunding business unit (formerly known as FundAmerica) provides core infrastructure to issuers, portals, and broker dealers raising capital pursuant to the JOBS act and crowdfunding exemptions. Prime Trust powers some of the largest regulated crowdfunding portals in the US including StartEngine and
Republic while also offering direct to issuer products. Over 30,000 investors a month trust Prime Trust’s infrastructure invest a total of over $1mm per day.
About the role
We are seeking a collaborative, strong problem solver to join our small and high-impact Product Management team. The ideal candidate will be open-minded, creative, proactive and process-oriented with enough technical background to interact with our engineering team and at least some familiarity with equity crowdfunding.
The Sr. Product Manager work closely with the Product Manager for our open banking business unit while they onboard before taking ownership of the product for the business unit.
- Scope, design and launch products within the crowdfunding industry as well as explore potential new markets and avenues for growth.
- Own product enhancements through ideation, wireframing, and product definition as well as impacting the product strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other product managers, engineers, UX designers, and operational internal teams to deliver both customer facing enhancements as well as improving internal efficiencies with departmental tools.
- Partner with external and internal stakeholders to define products and product requirements that create an incredible user experiences
- Communicate clearly and succinctly across departments and to upper management concerning product status, trade-offs, and key recommendations
- Serve as a hands on, flexible product manager with the ability to work across multiple teams, detailed oriented while considering the bigger picture and long-term strategy
- Support all aspects of product management, with an ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
- Engage closely with the engineering team, applying agile methodology, to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Establish new products and expand the quality and functionality of existing products
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance, and operational support, while always maintaining regulatory constraints
You may be a fit if:
- You have experience with both equity crowdfunding and product teams
- ~5 or more years of relevant work experience in private capital markets or product management.
- Experience working with and understanding API driven solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively and diplomatically
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct authority.
Bachelor's degree in engineering with relevant finance experience or a finance degree with relevant product management experience preferred
This position can be remote or work from our corporate office in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company culture is energetic, interactive, and growth oriented, far more of a fin tech environment than a traditional financial institution
Flexible PTO/Paid holidays/Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee and dependents which is currently 100% paid for by the company, cell phone reimbursement up to $100 per month