Senior Fullstack or Backend Engineer (Remote)
Prime Trust is a technology-driven institution that provides automated banking solutions for FinTech innovators. Our goal is to be the AWS of financial services for cash, digital assets and securities. We deliver compliant payment processing, AML/KYC, financial accounts, customer onboarding, asset custody, and transaction settlement solutions on a B2B2C platform.
Learn about the APIs we have built so far at: https://documentation.primetrust.com/
We’ve experienced 400x year over year growth in transaction frequency and we are looking for someone to ensure we continue to build a maintainable infrastructure, database, and engineering process. As a regulated financial institution, we can never compromise on consistency or availability. Our main API is a Ruby application hosted on Heroku, backed by Postgres and Redis. We have a couple purpose-built microservices in Elixir and Node.js. We have exciting security and reliability problems to solve as we continue to scale.
- Build new application features
- Build and maintain APIs that deal with sensitive information
- Perform code reviews to ensure consistent code style, quality and security
- Help write technical specs for larger projects
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to build APIs that are easy to consume for internal and external integrators
This role may be right for you if you:
- Have experience with Rails, Hanami, Grape or any other Ruby web frameworks
- Have some experience with any SQL dialect
- Understand the power, flexibility and pitfalls of Ruby’s metaprogramming functionality
- Enjoy mentoring and pair programming with other engineers to spread knowledge
- Have an interest in learning about how Bitcoin, Ethereum and the traditional financial system work
You might work on:
- An integration with a third party vendor to allow us to issue debit cards to use with our custodial account
- Profiling and reviewing metrics from Datadog to identify slow spots in the code
- New APIs to help compliance and operations identify fraudulent activity
- Granular permissions and group
Please apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description. We’re looking for people with drive, integrity, and a desire to solve problems. We want to examine assumptions and bring in diverse perspectives. Whatever your background, your skills and drive will stand out!
We offer full healthcare coverage (including dental and vision) for you and your family at no monthly cost to you. We have unlimited sick days and a very flexible vacation policy. We are a distributed team and encourage everyone to work remotely and work the hours that make sense for you.